The uncharacteristically warm December we’ve had this season has caused some confusion over Daily Log/Records imports. SnapPlus assumes that December is a winter month with frozen soils (because historically it usually was), rendering injected or incorporated applications impossible. Here’s how to get it right:
- When you are trying to get the spreadsheet imported into the Daily Log tab, you must first change any Injected or Incorporated applications to Surface or it won’t import, regardless of what you have in the soil conditions column. Again, this is because SnapPlus assumes that any December applications happen under winter conditions.
- Import the spreadsheet.
- Once imported, the Season will be Winter and the Soil Condition frozen. You will now have to correct 3 columns for each row before Sending to Applications. You must complete a row before moving on to the next one, or any changes you’ve made will revert (since winter applications can only be on frozen soil).
- Start with the Soil Conditions. Change it from Frozen to something else.
- Change the Season from Winter to Fall.
- Change the Application to Inject or Incorp.