SnapPlus 20.3 Is Available for Download
Download Build 21049.1535
Much of our effort, this past year, was spent making SnapPlus run faster than 19.3. You should notice the difference right away when you open your farms and again as you go from screen to screen. In addition, users reported several issues to our support email and where we could reproduce these problems, they were fixed.
Version 20 does not include any new crop and tillage combinations or soil map updates.
SnapPlus 20.3 fixes problems brought to our attention after 20.0 was made available.
In particular, these notable issues were all corrected:
- Crop data for some crops was inadvertently left out of the database in 20.2
- In the Nutrient Application Planner, applications would not delete correctly.
- Changing field boundaries or acreage would update 2017 and earlier field N-P2O5-K2O application rates shown on the Cropping screen incorrectly.
- Sometimes edits to rates in the Nutrient Application Planner would fail, reverting to their previous values.
- Occasionally the “Verified” flag in the Spreadable Acres table could not be turned off.
- Updated Cropping acres or Manure Spreadable acres imported from SnapMaps or entered in by hand in the Field Spreadable Acres table would revert to their original values if the new values were bigger than the Field acres.
- Winter spreading on fields with conduits to groundwater is no longer listed as a winter compliance problem because the program assumes the manure is spread on the fields’ winter-spreadable acres.
The first time you open a farm in 20 you should:
- Upload your fields to SnapMaps and Download to get the latest map data. See Using the SnapMaps Tab in the online help. (If you didn’t download the last time you worked in SnapMaps, you should do that first.)
- From the Tools menu, choose Update All Fields.
Likewise, you should upload, download, and update all fields if you change a farm to a WPDES permitted one, or vice versa, since this affects spreadable acres.
For permitted farms, if you change your SWQMA Manure Applications Strategies, you should run Update All Fields from the Tools menu to update all the relevant data.
Thank all of you who reported problems. We appreciate your patience and very much hope this version makes planning faster and easier. Please continue to let us know of issues and ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beta users may want to uninstall the SnapPlusV2 Beta program. SnapPlus version 20.0 will replace version 19. For more information see Uninstalling A Version of SnapPlus and How to Run Two Versions of SnapPlus on One Computer.
SnapPlus requires Microsoft Windows; Windows 10 is the earliest supported version. See Minimum System Requirements for details.
How to Install
SnapPlus uses a standard Windows installer and will install .NET 4.6, the Microsoft SQL Server CLR Types (not the entire SQL Server product) and Microsoft ReportViewer if needed. This requires Windows admin privileges. A typical install should take just a few minutes.
If you would prefer to manage your own prerequisites, install via the MSI SnapPlus installer and the Microsoft prereqs.
- MSI Installer
- Microsoft System CLR Types for SQL Server 2014 (64 bit)
- Microsoft System CLR Types for SQL Server 2014 (32 bit)
- Microsoft Report Viewer 2015
New Release Email Announcements
If you would like to be notified of SnapPlus new releases by email, contact us at email@example.com. Note that this list is ONLY used for SnapPlus announcements and is NOT a discussion email list.