SnapPlus 20.4 Is Available for Download
Download Build 21154.1547
Much of our effort for Version 20 was spent making SnapPlus run faster than 19.3. You should notice the difference right away when you open your farms and again as you go from screen to screen. In addition, users reported several issues to our support email and where we could reproduce these problems, they were fixed.
New features since the 20.0 release:
For CAFO planners on the SnapMaps website: Information for all headland stacks on a farm can now be easily collected in CSV format (details here).
Issues corrected in 20.4, released June 4:
- The pre-tillage code could cause very high soil loss and P Index values for some crop and tillage combinations in version 19, and 20.0-20.3 (details).
- Applications in years prior to 2018 could use incorrect acres
- Data dump report: Fall fertilizer applications incorrectly displayed as Winter
- Cropping grid and single-field cropping screen could show incorrect crop names
- Changes to rotation year settings were not saved if you navigated to another field via the Nutrient Application Planner rather than directly on the Cropping screen
- After adding a new year in the Cropping Screen, cropping drop-down boxes could be disabled (greyed out)
- Rotation wizard could add unwanted years to all fields
- Future years were sometimes not editable (e.g., could not change crops)
Issues corrected in 20.3, April 13 release:
- CM4 report incorrectly substituted field acres for spreadable acres when the latter is zero
Issues corrected in 20.3, February 18 release:
- Crop data for some crops was inadvertently left out of the database in 20.2
- In the Nutrient Application Planner, applications would not delete correctly.
- Sometimes edits to rates in the Nutrient Application Planner would fail, reverting to their previous values.
- Occasionally the “Verified” flag in the Spreadable Acres table could not be turned off.
- Updated Cropping acres or Manure Spreadable acres imported from SnapMaps or entered in by hand in the Field Spreadable Acres table would revert to their original values if the new values were bigger than the Field acres.
- Winter spreading on fields with conduits to groundwater is no longer listed as a winter compliance problem because the program assumes the manure is spread on the fields’ winter-spreadable acres.
Crops, tillages, and soils
Version 20 does not include any new crop and tillage combinations or soil map updates.
The first time you open a farm in 20 you should:
- Upload your fields to SnapMaps and Download to get the latest map data. (If you didn’t download the last time you worked in SnapMaps, you should do that first.)
- From the Tools menu, choose Update All Fields.
Likewise, you should upload, download, and update all fields if you change a farm to a WPDES permitted one, or vice versa, since this affects spreadable acres.
For permitted farms, if you change your SWQMA Manure Applications Strategies, you should run Update All Fields from the Tools menu to update all the relevant data.
Thank all of you who reported problems. We appreciate your patience and very much hope this version makes planning faster and easier. Please continue to let us know of issues and ideas at email@example.com.
Beta users may want to uninstall the SnapPlusV2 Beta program. SnapPlus version 20.0 will replace version 19. For more information see Uninstalling A Version of SnapPlus and How to Run Two Versions of SnapPlus on One Computer.
SnapPlus requires Microsoft Windows; Windows 10 is the earliest supported version. See Minimum System Requirements for details.
How to Install
SnapPlus uses a standard Windows installer and will install .NET 4.6, the Microsoft SQL Server CLR Types (not the entire SQL Server product) and Microsoft ReportViewer if needed. This requires Windows admin privileges. A typical install should take just a few minutes.
If you would prefer to manage your own prerequisites, install via the MSI SnapPlus installer and the Microsoft prereqs.
- MSI Installer
- Microsoft System CLR Types for SQL Server 2014 (64 bit)
- Microsoft System CLR Types for SQL Server 2014 (32 bit)
- Microsoft Report Viewer 2015
New Release Email Announcements
If you would like to be notified of SnapPlus new releases by email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that this list is ONLY used for SnapPlus announcements and is NOT a discussion email list.