Scroll down for more on uninstalling SnapPlus.
1. Find the folder where you saved the SnapPlus download file. Double-click the installer to run it.
2. Depending on your version of Windows and what security software you have installed, you might see any of a variety of security warnings. For example, using Microsoft’s Edge browser with Windows 10, you first need to dismiss the browser warning that SnapPlus “is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer” by clicking “Run”. For Windows 10 and Windows 8, you will see a “Windows protected your PC” dialog similar to this. Don’t click “OK” — that will terminate the installer. Click the “More info” link for Windows 8 (for Windows 10, check the “I understand and want to run the app anyway” box):
Then click “Run anyway”:
3. The SnapPlus installation launch dialog will appear. Click “Install”:
4. The User Account Control dialog appears (all versions of Windows). Click “Yes”.
The SnapPlusV2 Setup Wizard appears. Click “Next”.
5. Check the box to accept the User License Agreement and click “Next”.
6. The Custom Setup dialog allows you to customize your installation, but very few users need to do this. We recommend just clicking “Next”:
7. We’re almost done — promise! Click the “Install” button:
8. The install progress dialog does its thing…
9. And SnapPlus is installed! You can run it directly from the installer by checking the “Launch SnapPlusV2 Release” box, or just click “Finish” for now:
10. The LAST dialog appears, helpfully informing you that the installation is really done. Click “Close”.
SnapPlus can be uninstalled via the Windows Control Panel. In Windows Vista and Windows 7, click the Start button and then choose Control Panel from the right side. Then choose Programs, then Uninstall a Program or Programs and Features (depending on how you have your Control Panel set up).
In Windows 8, click Start, then PC Settings, then Control Panel. Choose Programs and Features.
In Windows 10, click Start, then Settings, then System, then Apps and Features.
Click”Install SnapPlusV2″ in the list of apps. This confusingly-named item will uninstall SnapPlus and its prerequisites.
If for some reason you want to only uninstall SnapPlus itself, leaving the prerequisites alone, click the “SnapPlusV2” item in the list instead.
As with previous SnapPlus versions, uninstalling does not remove any user data or other files that the user may have in the SnapPlus folders. However, once old data has been copied over and verified, it would be good (but not required) to delete any files left in C:Program FilesUWSoilsSnapPlusV2.