SnapPlus 18 Is Here!
SnapPlus 18 builds on the features of 17.1 with full support for the 2015 590 Nutrient Management standard, great new features like Nutrient Systems, better use of spreadable acres to calculate manure applied for WPDES-permitted farms, new crops, and much more. See the What’s New page for details.
The SnapPlus team is releasing version 18.1, to fix several issues with 18.0. Three of these problems caused incorrect results or could interfere with normal operation, so we recommend that all users upgrade to version 18.1.
Those problems were:
- Would not import daily records for fertilizer and lime in some instances.
- Incorrectly flagged N overapplication for some double crops
- In some cases, the SnapMaps “import to SnapPlus” function could fail to properly update field data
If you encounter any of these specific problems with SnapPlus 18, please contact us for workarounds or fixes.
- We are aware that some people are having problems importing daily logs for unfrozen soil conditions in December. For more information on how to do so, see this page.
- Lock/unlock behavior issues in SnapMaps tab
- “Unhandled exception” message when opening SnapPlus
- Unintended deletion of actual applications which were similar to planned ones intended for deletion
- Wrong rates from Fertilizer Allocator
- Issues with export of Daily Log and Planned Applications
- Slow load/save
- Would not accept long manure source names during import
- Defaults for start and end of frost period out of date
- Problems with import of applications with NO3 inhibitor
- Baled stalks not recognized as residue removal for winter spreading strategy “b”
- Some crop years not available to add annual notes
- Problem with Door County Bonduel “Bo” soil map symbol
- Incorrect N-overapplication flag when adding blended N and P2O5 fertilizer when a legume credit exceeded the N recommendation
- Missing check for winter P2O5 excess applications per 2015 590 SNAP-4682
- CAFO Feb and March application message was in compliance category, should be guidance
- CAFO long-term no-till automatic check not working as intended
SnapPlus requires Microsoft Windows; Windows 7 is the earliest supported version for SnapPlus 18. See Minimum System Requirements for details.
How to Install
SnapPlus uses a standard Windows installer and will install .NET 4.6, the Microsoft SQL Server CLR Types (not the entire SQL Server product) and Microsoft ReportViewer if needed. This requires Windows admin privileges. A typical install should take just a few minutes.
If you would prefer to manage your own prerequisites, you can download components as MSI files and install them separately.
New Release Email Announcements
If you would like to be notified of SnapPlus new releases by email, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will subscribe you to the email@example.com email list. Note that this list is ONLY used for SnapPlus announcements and is NOT a discussion email list.