These issues are known to exist in SnapPlus 16.3. We are planning to fix almost all of them in the next release; some are already done.
- A single-quote character used as an apostrophe in the farm name (Farm tab) will cause SnapMaps to hang with “Initializing map” displayed. Workaround: delete the character and upload again.
- In northern counties, for rotations with Alfalfa Seeding Fall and fall cultivated Soybeans 7-10 inch row, soil loss and P Index will not calculate because these crop and tillage combinations are missing from the SnapPlus RUSLE2 database. If you encounter this problem, contact email@example.com and we will supply you with an updated database. Counties affected are: Burnett, Washburn, Sawyer, Rusk, Price, Taylor, Lincoln, Langlade, Menominee, Oconto, Marinette, Douglas, Bayfield, Ashland, Iron, Vilas, Oneida, Forest, Florence and Marinette.
- Soil Test Import: Some sample names aren’t read properly (e.g. if they contain commas), or if the first eight names consist only of numerals but subsequent ones contain other characters. This is a bug in Microsoft Excel.
- Fonts in Windows 8 and 10: Users who change the “size of text, apps, and other items” in Windows’ Display Setting to something other than 100%, and who subsequently sign out and in again, may see SnapPlus behavior such as windows spontaneously minimizing, or wrongly-sized text in grids. Currently the only known workaround is to keep the setting at 100%.
- “Memory leak” in Nutrient Applications by Season: If this window is left open for several consecutive hours, SnapPlus may crash.
- RUSLE2 managements missing some zone 1 fall seeded crops: This was discovered by a user in Oconto who could not get “T” or PI calculations for certain combinations of crop and tillage.
- Winter spreading report: Dilution factors applied twice to give too many gallons per day.
- Field screen total acres not updating: When groups are in use, field screen shows total acres for all fields, not just ones in the group.
- Windows XP no longer supported, Vista soon to go: SnapPlus 16 will not install on Windows XP; SnapPlus 17 will not install on Windows Vista. These versions of Windows are far out of date and are no longer supported by Microsoft.