New 19.3 Beta with more bug fixes!
SnapPlusV2 19.3 has been released; here is the Beta version in case you need to run more than one major version of SnapPlus on a computer. Download build 20132.1659. For a list of what we’ve fixed in each of the maintenance releases for 19, see the online help; here are the ones we fixed for 19.3 specifically:
Issues Fixed in 19.3
- Added Milk as a land-applied nutrient source.
- An error that caused application rate and other edits in the nutrient application planner to revert to previous values.
- Partial field applications imported from the daily log getting erroneous over-application compliance messages.
- Fall manure applications on N restricted soils were not getting correct compliance and guidance messages, including not flagging for fall applications of manure with DM <4% manure when incorporated/injected and no nitrification inhibitor.
- Fall N fertilizer applications were not flagging properly on fields with Municipal wells or < 5ft to bedrock.
- Deleting a single year on the cropping screen appeared to delete the wrong year.
- Downloading and importing spreadable acres was showing differences (highlighted orange) when the differences were only 1 tenth of an acre or less.
- The checks for conservation practices in a SWQMA were not working properly.
- Tile inlets did not upload and download correctly from SnapMaps.
- The application planner manure application rate calculator could not handle the amount applied with liquid manure applications on larger fields.
- The drop-down menu for adding new fertilizer sources was confusing.
- Manure application nutrients not showing on the cropping screen in the “This year’s manure”.
- Subfarms: First one created would not be saved. If all fields were assigned to subfarms, selecting default “—” item in dropdown displayed no fields and “Show all fields” as the name of the subfarm.
Incorrect orange highlighting on CAFO farm in Cropping screen (compliance messages correct)
- P Management Strategy in Bulk Reports: “Both” and “PI” selections were switched.
- Orange highlighting on Cropping screen for CAFO farm fields with 100-200 soil test P and manure applications when there was not a compliance problem.
SnapPlus 19 Beta is installed as an entirely separate Windows program from any existing SnapPlusV2 or SnapPlusV2Alpha programs. You may run SnapPlus 2/14/15/16/17/18/19 and SnapPlus 19 Beta side-by-side. While you can use existing SnapPlus databases from older versions, it is highly recommended that you copy your farm database to C:\SnapPlus2Beta\MySnapPlusData for use with the Beta version and do a SnapShot as soon as it opens.
See the What’s New in 19 in the online help for details about the new version, including important information for users of previous SnapPlus versions including 19.0.
SnapPlus requires Microsoft Windows; Windows 7 is the earliest supported version for the Beta. See Minimum System Requirements for details.
What Is Installed
SnapPlus uses a standard Windows installer and will install .NET 4.6, the Microsoft SQL Server CLR Types (not the entire SQL Server product) and Microsoft ReportViewer if needed. This requires Windows admin privileges. A typical install should take just a few minutes. See our quick guide to installing for more details on installing SnapPlus. This guide was written for SnapPlus 17; your 19 install experience may look different, but should be functionally identical.
New Release Email Announcements
If you would like to be notified of SnapPlus new releases by email, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will subscribe you to the email@example.com email list. Note that this list is ONLY used for SnapPlus announcements and is NOT a discussion email list.